Can you name 5 CEOs? Good.
Can you name 5 non-male CEOs?
I couldn’t. It was much harder than I thought. Here we go:
Julie Sweet, CEO of Accenture
- She was an attorney, and was the first CEO appointed by the company
- Accenture gave me my first full time job
- I bought a lot of suits and ties because of it
Anjali Sud, CEO of Vimeo
I came across her in a recent podcast she did with Nilay Patel. What energy! Vimeo is meaningful to us because that’s where I shared my first video creation online: https://vimeo.com/105014784
Corie Berry – CEO of Bestbuy
I loved BestBuy. I would spend many weekends there. Berry, a lifer at BestBuy, worked her way up to CEO. The coolest role during that journey has to be “President, Geek Squad Services.” 🤓
Gwynne Shotwell, COO & President of SpaceX
- Her parents were a brain surgeon and an artist. Rocket science? Child play!
- She was the COO of a company that sent and landed rockets
- I think she is Captain Marvel
Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm
- She produced E.T., Empire of the Sun, Indiana Jones, and most of Spielberg’s greatest hits
- + Miyazaki’s Ponyo
- + the latest Star Wars Trilogy
- She = epic