I am learning coaching through apprenticeship, not certification. I had to work at understanding it. This is what I have learned, so far:
Recognising your patterns and defaults:
– emotional patterns – how you feel
– mental patterns – how you think
– reactive patterns – How you act
Finding the language to:
– Describe your emotions
– Articulate your thoughts
– Express your options
Helping you fall and fail:
– The failures that agonise you
– The failures that explain you
– The recovery that centers you
– The realizations that define you
It is having someone that isn’t both the referee and the coach.
It is having a personal trainer for the mind.
Coaching, is to bring us home.